National Return and Freight Policy
Return Authorization Policy
1. DERBIGUM, Inc. will only accept, for return and credit, current stock items which were purchased within the past 90 days. All returns will require approval of DERBIGUM Customer Service Supervisor and National Sales Manager as well as an inspection performed by a DERBIGUM Representative. The products must be in original packaging and in resalable condition. Products must be returned to DERBIGUM manufacturing facility (Kansas City, MO). Liquid products over 30 days of purchase date will not be considered for return.
2. DERBIGUM will accept return of products for credit in full pallet quantities and in the original unopened packaging. Prior to credit being issued, all products will be inspected by the Quality Assurance Department. The outcome of the inspection may affect the credit issued. DERBIGUM will not issue refund checks. Customer will receive credit against their DERBIGUM account.
3. DERBIGUM will not accept return of any liquid products or adhesives without approval of DERBIGUM Customer Service Supervisor and National Sales Manager as well as an inspection performed by a DERBIGUM Representative. The return of liquid products will only be accepted within 30 days from date of purchase.
4. DERBIGUM will not accept returns without a return authorization number issued by DERBIGUM Customer Service. The return authorization number must be placed on all pallets being returned.
5. For returns where DERBIGUM is not at fault, customer agrees to pay a restock fee of 25%. This restock fee will be deducted from the customer’s credit along with the freight charge (Outbound and Inbound) when DERBIGUM is asked to arrange the pick-up. Situations for which customer is responsible for restock and freight includes but not limited to wrong products ordered, order cancellations after truck has left the plant and any other reasons which may result in a return. Over orders will not be considered for return.
6. DERBIGUM will pay the freight and waive the restock fee on returns which were a result of the following: error in order processing, order released before ship date, product arrived damaged or certain other circumstances deemed appropriate by DERBIGUM Customer Service.
7. When DERBIGUM is paying the freight DERBIGUM will arrange trucking.
8. DERBIGUM has the right to deny returns of products at any time for any reason.
Items not considered for return include accessory products, base sheets, insulation, liquid products (after 30 days), specialty items, non-stock items, and Derbiboard.
Full Truckload Definition:
46,000 lbs. or 20 pallet spaces
Order Lead Time:
• Orders must be received a minimum of two business days prior to shipping. Example: orders received by Noon CST on Monday will attempt to be shipped on Wednesday. Orders received after Noon CST on Monday will attempt to be shipped on Thursday.
• Orders will not be released or shipped without a complete customer purchase order consisting of all required pricing, contact information for delivery site and delivery address. Additional information may be required.
• Freight Surcharge – We will apply a flat $225 surcharge to all truckload orders. This. charge will be reviewed and adjusted quarterly, if needed, based on market conditions.
• Deficit Freight – Will be charged when a truck does not hit full truckload quantities (46,000 lbs. or 20 pallet spaces). Example: If the line haul cost for a full truckload is
$3000. The cost will be divided by 20 pallet positions; equaling $150 per pallet position. Shipment totals 14 pallets; deficit freight is 6 pallets, multiplied by $150 per pallet.
Deficit freight equals $900, plus the freight surcharge of $225.
• Saturday/Sunday Delivery – Fee is passed directly from the carrier to the customer. Not all carriers offer Saturday/Sunday delivery, and this will be based on availability.
• Multiple Stops – Capped at 150 miles from first stop to second stop. Customer is responsible for all additional charges.
• Detention/Layover Fees – Detention: Will start two hours after the requested delivery time. Layover: Applied to any truckload that is in detention for over eight hours. All Layover/Detention fees will be passed directly from the carrier to the customer. Actual fee rates can vary but can be in excess of $75/hour depending on the carrier and location.
• Canceled Truck – A canceled truck fee will be applied for any truckload order that is canceled after 2:00 PM CST the business day prior to the day of shipment. A flat fee of
$500 will be assessed.
Less than Truckload (LTL)
Any shipment under 10,000 lbs.; shipped via closed van. Arrangements to unload are the responsibility of the customer. Cubic capacity is under eight skids.
Order Lead Time:
• All LTL orders must be received by Noon CST for same day shipment. All orders placed after Noon CST will be shipped the following business day.
• Freight Charge – Freight Charges are the responsibility of the customer. Estimated shipping costs can be quoted prior to shipment, however, actual shipping costs will be assessed post shipment.
• Saturday/Sunday Delivery – All fees will be passed directly from the carrier to the customer. Not all carriers offer Saturday/Sunday delivery, and this will be based on availability.